Wednesday, May 27, 2009

response to class 4

Class was pretty alright tonight. I mean that in a good way. Its nice to come to class and it not feel like class. It seems to be a reoccurring theme that we talk about a subject that leads into something totally different but still as exciting and informative. The ted.com videos we watched tonight were way cool. The dudes that did the music w/ only their voices were pretty awesome! It had me thinking the whole time how did they come up with that idea for the song? How did they form a group like this? Did they start a traditional band and it evolved into what we heard or what? I think that questions are another one of  the "mother(s) of invention". I mean when I am working with a band or artist I often ask "why does that sound that way?" or "what can I do to make that instrument sound more in your face?" or even "what is missing, and what could I do to make this track more of an interesting piece of music?" so, I guess I'm saying that this class really makes me question things and dig a little deeper! I now understand why the seeing sideways class is recommended and why Beth's class is so requested. I feel that maybe if the New Media program took just a tiny bit of turn towards this philosophy of teaching that the level and quality of work might just improve. But then again some people just can't handle a class that doesn't have rigid boundaries which I feel is a sad thing indeed. -Bradley E. Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment