Monday, May 18, 2009

EGG PROJECT!!!

Well as I said in in my last post I thought that i wanted to do some crazy media presentation with the egg. As a New Media student I tend to focus a lot on technology. But, when i saw the egg and the dirt that was still on it I could only think was that I didn't want to waste the egg. So, with that I started to think about the best way to use the egg. At first I thought i would just eat it but came to the conclusion that it could be going bad and I was starting to already get a cold so I decided not to go there. Finally I decided that i would cook the egg and give it to the raccoons that my grandfather feeds in his backyard. I also decided that i would put the egg shell into my compost bin for my garden. 
Needless to say my grandfather didn't understand what i was doing and thought i was crazy. But, he's the one who feeds the raccoons in the first place. I went to their place(my grandparents) and fried the egg and mixed it in with the scraps of food they keep for the nightly feeding. I then took my egg shell home and broke it up into smaller pieces and mixed it into my compost tumbler. 
Usually I would have made a video or something of the nature for this project but, for some reason when I saw the egg and it gave me weird feeling. I didn't just want to ruin the egg for the sake of a grade or a project. I wanted to do something that at least might give back. Maybe my tomatoes might be more red this year from adding the egg shell to my compost. Or maybe the baby raccoon in the belly of his mother might have gotten some better nutrition and as a result might be stronger and better suited to survive. -Bradley E. Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment