Wednesday, May 27, 2009

DOOR

Door- When thinking about what a door is a lot comes to mind. Like, it keeps people out or lets people in(depending on how you feel about the person). The man is supposed to carry his bride across the threshold in a sign of good fortune. but also doors can be seen as an entry way. The band The Door got their name from the a book or poem that  said the eyes are the doorways to the soul. so, doors can be very symbolic! I mean I guess everything can symbolic but, imagine if I gave you a piece of paper with nothing on it except a door! what comes to mind? For me an image of my parents coming to pick me up from my band sitter is the first thing that popped into my head, an overall good thing. but say your house was broken into and some traumatic experience ensued then, a picture of a door might bring up very bad memories or thoughts that you have not thought about since the incident. So a door is an odd thing. Good or bad! Im glad i have a door on my house that locks. Its not that i don't trust other people because I generally do but it only takes one person to ruin a good thing if you  know what I mean. -Bradley E. Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment